Prime Minister Narendra Modi is addressing a rally in Jharkhand’s Khunti. The PM is also scheduled to address a rally in Jamshedpur later in the day.
PM address a rally in Jamshedpur
The five-phase elections to the 81-member Jharkhand Assembly began on November 30 and will end on December 20. Counting of votes will take place on December 23.
Here are the highlights from his rally:
– Talks about his government enacting a law for the reservation to economically weaker sections.
– PM Modi talks about the law on triple talaq, says BJP has worked to safeguard the rights of Muslim women.
– On the Ayodhya issue, PM Modi says there was a conspiracy to delay the issue and Congress used it for its vote bank. Adds, that such a big issue has been resolved peacefully and everyone has welcomed it.
– Talking about abrogating Article 370, PM Modi said, people of the country elected Modi to take hard decisions. Says, he only thinks about the country and that is why article 370, which had been in existence for decades, was revoked and the whole nation supported it.
– When it comes to taking hard decisions, only the BJP government could do it, says PM Modi. Says only the BJP can solve the problems of Jharkhand.
— PM Modi says the BJP government is the first to think about people in the unorganized sector.
— PM blames previous governments for not making efforts to promote the production of tussar silk in the state. BJP government is moving forward with a vision to make Jharkhand a hub of tussar silk production.
– When there is a BJP government in both the Centre and state, the pace of development becomes faster: PM Modi.
– PM Modi talks about various government schemes launched by the BJP for the benefit of people.
– PM Modi says Jharkhand CM’s chair was up for sale during Congress-JMM rule.
– BJP gave stability to the state, says the PM. Adds, BJP’s double engine has worked for the benefit of Jharkhand.
– Says till five years ago, Jharkhand used to be in news for political instability. In just 15 years, the state saw 10 chief ministers. He blames Congress and JMM’s ‘selfishness’ for the instability.