- Ram Vilas Paswan said – One nation, one ration card scheme will reduce corruption
- For the implementation of this scheme, all government ration shops in the country will have to install POS machines.
Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan has said that from June 1 next year, the ‘One Nation, One Ration Card’ scheme will be implemented nationwide. Paswan gave this information during the Question Hour in Lok Sabha on Tuesday.
‘One Nation, One Ration Card’
He said that at present the facility of POS machines for ration cards has been started in 14 states. It will start in other states soon. Till now the ration card made from the ward or panchayat. Also, goods can purchase from the government ration shop of the same area.
Benefit from One Nation – One Ration Card scheme
- Common people will benefit from this scheme. After this, people will no longer tie to any particular PDS shop and they will able to take ration anywhere. Dependence on shop owners will decrease and corruption will decrease.
- According to Paswan, the people who live in other states for better job opportunities will benefit the most from this scheme. If a person has come to work in Delhi from Bihar-Uttar Pradesh, then they will get ration at the PDS shop easily.
- Presently, POS machines have become available at 100% shops in many states including Andhra Pradesh, Haryana. One nation, a
- POS will have to installed at all PDS shops to implement a ration card.
IMPDS is applicable in these states
Under Integrated Management of PDS (IMPDS), in many states, beneficiaries under food and public distribution can purchase ration from any district. These states include Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Telangana, and Tripura. Linking the ration card to Aadhaar number will reduce theft and rigging. Big step by the union government.